Why Do Leaves Change Colors in the Fall?

Yesterday, to further explore the fall season, we went on a wonder walk to answer some of our questions. Firstly, we noticed a few things while on our walk...









While on our walk, we saw both an Evergreen tree and a deciduous tree. We noticed that the Evergreen tree's needles looked very different from the deciduous tree's leaves. We also noticed that the deciduous tree was changing colors while the Evergreen tree was not.





 While we were outside wondering, we wrote down our noticings on our five senses chart. There were some particularly crunchy leaves on the ground, and we noticed that they made sounds when we walked over them.





We came inside and used our noticings from our walks and research over the last two weeks to finish up our five senses book about what we noticed in the fall. My friends worked very hard on these books and are very proud of their work (and they should be!)



"In the fall, I see apples in the tree that are falling and people are picking."



"In the fall, I touch acorns that are falling from the trees."


"In the fall, I hear leaves crunching under my feet."


"In the fall, I touch Indian corn. It feels hard and bumpy."


"In the fall, I see leaves changing colors and falling from the tree."


"In the fall, I taste pumpkin cupcakes. Yummy!"


"In the fall, I smell pumpkin cupcakes in the oven."


"In the fall, I see apples falling off the tree."


"In the fall, I taste pumpkin pie. Yummy!"


"In the fall, I touch the apples that felt hard."


"In the fall, I see leaves and apples."


"In the fall, I smell pumpkin pie. Yummy!"


"In the fall, I hear leaves crunch when I walk."

I am so proud of my friends. Next week, we are going to explore apples! We are going to have so much fun. Stay tuned for more!

0 comments:

Post a Comment