How Does Weather Affect What We Wear?

As a kick off activity to our Weather PBL, we explored how weather affects what we wear. I brought in some of my clothes, (a long sleeve shirt, a short sleeve shirt, headband ear warmers, a rain coat, a coat, a sweatshirt, flip flops, and rain boots) and we worked together to sort them by seasons. I threw in rain items to really throw them off, but of course my friends figured out it can rain in ANY season, so they could really go anywhere :-) 


Here we are working to sort our clothes by seasons...






We learned that we wear different clothes in different seasons for a reason... the weather! We can't wear a coat in the summer.. we would be too hot! Just like we can't wear short sleeves in winter.. we would be too cold. I am so proud of the hard work my friends have put in to the beginning of our new PBL!

2 comments: