Pajama Day / Shopping in the Class Store

What. A. Fun. Day!! Today, we celebrated our hard work through our school's spring fundraiser, Boosterthon, and wore our pajamas! We looked pretty adorable.. :-) 

Oh, goodness.. I guess we were so comfy that we just fell asleep...


 Would ya look at that, I mention shopping in our school store, and we wake up all excited (and silly!) 


After studying the difference between needs and wants this week, my friends got to have their wants today when they shopped in our classroom store. We had items for different prices and my friends had to use their math skills to figure out which items they could have with their remaining money (after they paid for all that they needed this week, of course). We had key chains, tattoos, mini rice krispies, and lots of colorful pencils to choose from! 

Here we are shopping in the classroom store...
















I mentioned in yesterday's post that we have been doing a LOT of writing this week. Here is a peek at our job journals. 


"Today I paid rent because I need a chair."


"My job provides a service."


"My job helps by turning the lights off and on."



"My job helps by telling the weather to my friends."


"My favorite part of my job is picking up my friends things."



"I went shopping today and I am going to get the Madagascar key chain."


"Today I paid rent because I need a chair."


"Today I paid Ms. Fortner for shopping."



"Today I paid Ms. Fortner for our snack because we need food."


"I like my job because I like cleaning cubbies."



"We had to pay rent because we need chairs."


My job provides a service. 

As you can see, this week was full of a lot of hard work and a lot of fun! I am so proud of my friends, and I can't wait to start our awesome weather PBL next week!

0 comments:

Post a Comment