Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Whew! Today was such a fun, busy day! We celebrated birthdays, St. Patrick's day and took the MAP math test all in one day! We had so much fun!

We started our day by talking about St. Patrick's day. We talked about things the students knew about, like leprechauns and pots of gold. I asked my friends, "Who is worth more to you than gold?" We had a sweet conversation about the important people in our lives, like our parents, siblings, grandparents and friends. 

Then, we got straight to work. We worked hard on our "pots of gold"! We practiced our cutting, gluing and writing skills to share our thoughts about who was most important to us!














"My mom is special because I give my mom a hug. I love you."


"I love my mom because she helps me in the morning and she wakes me up."


"I love Ms. Fortner because she gives me hugs. and Mr. Ben I like him."


"I love Ms. Fortner because she teaches us."


"Mr. Ben loves all of us. I like Mr. Ben."

 "Mom is special because she is a good mom and I love, love her so much."


 "Ben because he is my cousin."


"Mommy because I love her."


"I love my family. My dog gives me kisses. My mom gives me hugs. My dad teaches me to play softball. My sister plays with me. My sister teaches me to ride my bike."


"I love Tyler and Mommy because they love me."


"My mommy because I love her and she loves me."

"My mom and dad. I love my mom and dad."

After we worked on our writing, we had a special math activity using Lucky Charms! We counted out our marshmallows and graphed our marshmallows. We compared which type of marshmallow we had the most and the least of ... and then we ate them! Yum!






















We went to lunch and we took our MAP math test... and you'll never believe this! When we came back from our test... there were LEPRECHAUN footprints on the floor!!! We were so excited that the leprechaun came to our classroom! He left us Hershey kisses to enjoy!



0 comments:

Post a Comment