Fantastic First Week!! (And a peek at next week)



All I can say is... WOW!!! What a GREAT first week!! I am astonished by my kinder friends and everything they learned this week.


We read the book, Have you filled a bucket today? and discussed different ways to fill up our friends' buckets.


We also discussed drawing pictures to tell a story. We learned that we are all authors... and that authors can write about ANYTHING. We told our own stories, titled them, and even shared them with the class. (One of my favorite parts about doing this was my kinder friends thinking my pitiful artwork was "THE BEST EVER!!" :) 

We took time each morning during our morning to share scrapbook pages sent in. Our friends loved sitting in my special sharing chair and getting to talk about their pages. We bound all the pages up into a book and placed it in our classroom library. I have already seen my friends when they have a chance to explore our library pulling out our classroom scrapbook.

During math this week, we asked, "What is Math?" We recorded our discussions in our math journals (we decided math includes A LOT of different things!), we looked at different ways to sort in our learning clubs, and we looked at our names and talked about who in our class had the longest and shortest names. What a fun week in math!!






We also created our "class promises" this week. We read character building books during our family meeting leading up to the creation of our promises. We made a big list of what we would like to see in our "dream classroom" and compiled it into a smaller list of classroom promises we could all remember. We all signed our name on our promises, and we have promised to follow them. Our promises are now on display for all to see in our classroom.




I had so much fun this week, but I am even more excited for next week! We will be diving in to an author study of my favorite children's book author, Mo Willems! On Wednesday, we will be bringing our favorite stuffed animals to class and reading my favorite book by Mo Willems, Knuffle Bunny

Here is the link to my lesson plans for this week: Week 2

Our sight words for the upcoming week are: a, it, my. Please make sure you are reviewing these with your child nightly! Can't wait to see all of my kinder friends bright and early on Monday morning after a restful weekend!



0 comments:

Post a Comment