What a fun two days! I am so proud of my kinder friends and how far they have come since last Monday and Tuesday. I am already seeing a huge difference in the way my friends are excited to come to school and learn, and this is only week 2! I can't wait to see how they continue to progress throughout this year.

This week, we have been studying my personal favorite children's author: Mo Willems. On Monday, we practiced doodling like Mo does in his books Don't Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus and Don't Let the Pigeon Stay Up Late. We also watched an interview with Mo Willems and learned more about him as both an author and an illustrator.





We take REGULAR brain breaks throughout the day (kindergarten is hard work, y'all!). To make sure that we have all our wiggles out and that our brains are ready for our next lesson, we regularly use one of my favorite sites, GoNoodle, for our wiggle breaks. Here is a picture of my kinder friends practicing yoga with Maximo the magnifico. They LOVE it!!! And I love getting to take the breaks with them. What fun!


During reading, we have been discussing the 3 different ways to read a book. (There is never a reason any of my kinder friends should ever say "I can't read".) We talked about reading the pictures, reading the words, and retelling the story. We used the story, Goldilocks and the Three Bears to practice these three methods of reading. This picture is of my friends watching the pictures of the book, but not reading the words yet. We were practicing reading the pictures. We then re-told the events of the story. 


Today, we came up with our own "pigeon" stories. We brainstormed silly things the Pigeon did like in Mo Willem's stories we read, and my friends got to draw pictures of their Pigeon being silly and finish the statement, "Don't let the Pigeon..." I loved hearing my friends' answers and the great things they came up with. They worked so hard and I am so proud!






During math, we have been exploring numbers. We have been creating anchor charts for "All About Numbers 1 and 2". We will create anchor charts for numbers 3 - 5 for the remainder of the week. My friends have been independently recording their charts in their math journals. Here is a picture of my friends working hard on their math journals. They make me one proud teacher. 




I am having the best time growing and learning with your children, I already can't wait for school tomorrow, and I hope your child feels the same way!


0 comments:

Post a Comment