Pekin Ducks vs. Runner Ducks

Yesterday, while I had the amazing opportunity to be at a conference on co-teaching in Columbia, my friends shared the differences they noticed between Pekin and Runner ducks from their research they had done for homework. After sharing and charting the differences, we recorded what we saw in our An Egg is Quiet journals.


Pekin Ducks
  Runner Ducks
Come from China and are bred from Mallard ducks
They lay a lot of eggs! (1500-3000)
Grown ducks can be about 8 to 12 lbs
They do not fly or waddle.
Can live for 9 years
They stand straight up like penguins
They  have white feathers.
They run AND walk.
They don't run like runner ducks do
They come in lots of colors! 
They have an orange bill
Usually weigh 4-4.5 lbs (smaller than Pekins)









Look at that amazing work! I am so proud of my friends. Way to go friends for working hard even when I wasn't there!

0 comments:

Post a Comment