How did the Pilgrims have light in their homes?

Today, to continue our study of the First Thanksgiving, we discussed Pilgrim's lives a little further. I asked my friends if they thought that Pilgrims had electricity like we have. Upon further research and reading, we discovered Pilgrims did not have electricity like we have, and they had to use candles to have light in their homes. To really understand what they had to do to have light in their homes, we dipped our own candles today! Mrs. Frye even came and helped us finish up our candle dipping- Thank you Mrs. Frye!!

Here are some pictures from our candle dipping:





















Your child will bring home his/her candle tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. Dear "All Stars" -

    How much fun is this? I want to go back to kindergarten! Thankfully, I can still come visit! I love seeing the candles hanging together. My, how things have changed since 1620! I wonder what things will be like 400 years from today. Now...that's a wondering worth pondering! So, what do you think, 5K "All Stars?"

    Learning Together,
    Dr. P

    ReplyDelete