Our Most Thankful Thing

I'm This week, we read the mentor text The Most Thankful Thing by Lisa McCourt. We made a class list of the things we are the most thankful for. We compiled a class list of things we are thankful for (which was so genuine and so sweet!)


Then, we went off to create our "Most Thankful Thing" books. These were too sweet to not share.


"I am thankful for my grandma because she makes yummy food."


"I am thankful for my friend Claire because she is so nice to me!"


"I am thankful for my brother because I love him."


"I am thankful for my mom and dad because they are nice to me."



"Another reason I am thankful for my grandma is because when I was a baby she held and took care of me."


"Another reason I am thankful for my mom is because she buys me the best birthday presents."


"I am thankful for my friends at school."


"I like my dad because he plays with me a lot."


"I am thankful for Jesus because he loves me. I love you too, Jesus."


"Another reason I am thankful for my sister is because she lets me sleep with her."

These were so sweet and I have really enjoyed hearing my kinder friend's perspectives on what they are thankful for. Your child will be bringing home their thankful book today!

0 comments:

Post a Comment